Tuesday 26 May 2009

What does OneFinalDarkness mean??

After a wonderful holiday weekend I quickly looked at this blog over a cup of tea before Real Life and work finally swept away the relaxation.



The point that struck me was 'What about telling people about the Name!' ... 'OneFinalDarkness' isn't exactly a middle of the road title to choose for a sim. By way of explanation I have to sketch out a few details about the friendship I have with Babette.



Babette has a large family and after being good friends for so long I am lucky enough to have become considered part of her family. This extended family for me is a wonderful experience as I have only a very small family of my own. Amongst many of the plus points to this friendship and extended family is Gary, Babette's Real Life partner. When Babette and I were starting to think about renting land in Second Life and had to face decisions like 'What shall we call the parcel?' ... we pondered and discussed this for days till one afternoon Gary piped up with 'Call it OneFinalDarkness ...'. I am not sure who said it first Babette or I but it went like this 'What is that supposed to mean?'



There were explanations from Gary ... none of which made much sense at the time (or even now!); but after a few minutes both Babette and I felt that it had a nice mix of things going for it so we stole - acquired!! it. Gary doesn't seem to mind, in fact I think he feels quite paternal toward the title and the two Ditzy Brit Birds who run the OneFinalDarkness sims.



So there you have it ... LOLOLOL ... It is what it is and was inspired by the love of Babette's life ... Gary.



One day I am sure the truth will emerge!!

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment