Monday 15 June 2009

Second Life mimics Real Life ...

... of 'course it does!' I hear you all cry. But there are some areas in which I really wish it didn't. I don't particularly like talking about the negative side of Second Life but occasionally there are incidents which are impossible to 'Gloss Over!'.

One such incident occurred on Saturday; two days ago as I post this. Babette had arranged a live music event with a particular Second Life musical couple. The times had been agreed and ... I am being completely truthful here ... we BOTH forgot the time!! To make matters even worse we were both distracted from Second Life by important Real Life incidents just as the musicians were turning up (earlier than we had remembered) and started to demand tags for rezzing instruments. Both Babette and I understand that we were at fault for forgetting the time, however, the attitude from the musicians was in my opinion unreasonable. The IM's were strongly worded and the phrase 'Unforgivable' was liberally splashed around.


What is the point of this blog entry?

In short it is to draw attention to the many people who appear to have forgotten that club owners, sim owners and others who run/own other Second Life assets have a Real Life as well. More importantly Real Life comes first!!!!

Let me stress that for all the Second Lifers who are trying to treat Second Life as Real Life .... IT IS NOT REAL!! It IS A GAME!!

By all means ask what has happened when arrangements break down in Second Life; that is natural and reasonable. Please, PLEASE, PLEASE, however don't expect people to be hovering on your every word at the other end of an IM session; you will be disappointed and certainly anyone expecting anything else needs to get a huge shot of 'Reality' from the nearest pharmacy and get yourself shot up with some normal perspective.

I am certain that this will be one of my less widely appreciated blog entries ... I am equally certain that the individuals who displayed such unreasonable behaviour will not see it as such and will continue to believe that Second Life is the only thing that counts in everyones life !! ... Thank all the relevant superior beings both Babette and I and many of our friends in Second Life enjoy it for what it is, a game, and make sure that we enjoy our Real Lives as well.

Enjoy the Game, Enjoy Second Life ... Remember when the phone rings or the door bell goes you have to use your legs not a TP to go answer them!! *S*

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment